01 February, 2014

Start a New Day

So I kinda feel like you
Betrayed me, okay?
And you wouldn't be wrong
To say that I betrayed you, too.
And I'm so, so sorry.
If I have to go my entire life
Without seeing or speaking
To you again, I will do it
To keep this from ever happening again.
But I was alone and afraid,
And you weren't there for me.
You turned your back as if
I was the enemy.
And that still hurts.
So I'm sorry for having
Such a hard time of forgiving you.
And I hope that one day you'll forgive me, too.
But I don't think I'm ready yet.
I'm not perfect.
My life is not perfect-
I would never expect it to be.
But let me fix a few things.
Let me grow some more.
Give me my time,
Though it seems like too much,
But please, please do,
Because I want to try again one day.
One day when we can all
Just put this behind us,
Because I am tired of going
Back through all the details
And each one thinking themselves
Exactly right,
Not willing to look at it another way.
It hardly matters anymore.
It happened and it's done,
And I'm so tired of talking about it.
So one day I want to start again.
I want to start a friendship.
I want to start a new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment